Monday, July 28, 2008

The Feel Good Effect of the Sun


The Feel Good Effect of the Sun.

I keep pondering the thoughts of why now; why this time does becoming physically fit feels so much better. Why do I know deep down this time it truly is going to work. This is the conclusion I have come up with.

Back during the winter I moved my computer and later I set up a new office in the sunroom of our home. I started using the sunroom back during the winter. I did notice that this past winter I was not plagued with SAD “Seasonal Affective Disorder” that I sometimes would get during the winter. Matter of fact I loved sitting in the sunroom and could not get enough of the sunlight coming in to the room. Hence I moved my whole office and took over the sunroom as my space.

I started looking up information on the benefits of natural sunlight and here is some of the information I have found.

Sunlight triggers an increase in the feel-good brain chemical serotonin.

Serotonin lifts your mood and wards off depression.

I know that now when I am out walking in the fresh air and sunlight I love how I feel. It is something I have not experienced since I was a young child running and playing out side. It is a great feeling and right now I am craving going out walking in the sun.

No comments:

 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This policy is valid from 25 June 2008
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.