Saturday, August 23, 2008

2008 Olympics

I have been deeply involved in watching the summer Olympics. I have been fascinated with the women gymnasts. Wow such strength to be able to do what they do. I was in awe of the womens vaults. Wow is all I can say.
I have never been one to watch the swimming events, but this year I watched all that I could and felt honored to see Michael Phelps win the gold over and over and over. Eight golds is amazing.

I can not even begin to imagine the hours upon hours they put into training. Then I think of how much they do and how hard it is for me to do just a little in comparison. I am in awe of their dedication.

I remember being a little girl and the big gymnast of that Olympics was Olga Korbut. I remember being in awe of her and wanting to be a gymnast, no it never happened but seeing her had a big influence in my life. Now I wonder how many kids will have watched this Olympics and saw such great athletes and maybe just maybe had a good influence on them.

No comments:

 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This policy is valid from 25 June 2008
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.